I’m going to pretend that Zuzu’s tag extends to Feministe commenters’ own blogs. The meme is to list five things about myself that most people don’t know, of which one isn’t true. I could list a lot of things most people don’t know, but I’m aiming for what even Katie doesn’t know.
1. I used to blog under an alias, which came to know a few bloggers who now know me by my real name, and likely have no idea they knew me beforehand.
2. When I started college, I thought I would end up specializing in something related to calculus, like differential equations, or even mathematical physics; I wavered later but still was into applied subjects. Then I discovered abstract algebra and never looked back.
3. I’ve been heterosocial almost my entire life. Except between third and seventh grades, and to some extent second and eighth, I’ve always had more female friends than male friends.
4. In elementary school, I’d always find a way to dodge the annoying ceremonies that teach students nothing except how to follow teachers’ exact directions without thinking – the Holocaust memorials, the Rabin memorial ceremonies, and various and sundry holiday celebrations.
5. After 9/11, I had a stint of being more Islamophobic than the average Freeper. It got to the point that when some Pakistani student annoyed my too much in eighth grade, I told him (rough quote) “What the hell, you’re going to get seventy virgins anyway.”
I tag everyone in the comments, as well as Katie, Gordo, Lindsay, Belledame, and (very long shot) Vanessa.
Interesting, Alon. It would appear that you are 18 years old, making it thus possible (although unlikely) that you went from 8th grade to graduate school in a space of 60 months, though perhaps “eighth-grade” has a different connotation in other educational ystems.
No, the international eighth grade is the same as the US’s eighth grade. I just went from eighth grade straight to college with the aid of a few A-Levels and graduated four years later.
[…] few weeks ago, when I participated in a Five Things About Me meme, I wrote that, After 9/11, I had a stint of being more Islamophobic than the average Freeper. […]
Hi , some truly interesting points you have posted. Authentic geek sites are difficult to get. I wish to use some of the information from your website with a backlink . Reply to this post if you don’t mind . Thanks !
Hey! Someone in my Myspace group shared this website with us so I came to check it out. I’m definitely enjoying the information. I’m bookmarking and will be tweeting this to my followers! Exceptional blog and superb design and style.Roofing of Fort Worth, 8100 Wallace Road, Fort Worth, TX 76135 – (817) 330-8100
Pretty! This was an incredibly wonderful article.
Thank you for providing this information.
There is visibly a bunch to realize about this. I consider you made certain nice points in features also.